Getting started with rpi serial and BitWizard expansion boards
Each of the following needs to be expanded. Please add a line or two if you can.
- get raspian
- comment out the two lines in /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf (no longer necessary?)
- get bw_rpi_tools
- compile bw_tool
cd bw_rpi_tools/bw_tool/ make
- install bw_tool
sudo make install
- get rpi-update (no longer necessary?)
- run rpi-update (no longer necessary?)
- reboot (no longer necessary?)
- for the spi version, run
sudo bw_tool -t "hello world"
- for the i2c version on a rev 1 rasbperry pi, run
sudo modprobe i2c-dev sudo bw_tool -I -t "hello world"
- for the i2c version on a rev 2 raspberry pi, you need to specify the other I2C bus:
sudo bw_tool -I -D /dev/i2c-1 -t "hello world"
(the sample assumes the LCD and displays a text on it.) Try "-a <youraddress> -i" instead of the '-t "hello world" ' to identify your expansion board. Fill in the address from default addresses.
For example " -a 94 -R 30:b" will read the status of the pushbuttons on the rpi_ui. "-a 94 -t hello" will print a text on the rpi_ui.